Sunday, June 13, 2010

Review of Chapters Eleven, Twelve, and Thirteen






My favorite part of this section was learning about how interesting Europe was in the fifteenth century! The rising population, the Hundred Years War, and the Renaissance- so amazing! i thought in this blog I would post some pictures from my trip to Italy last year. The pictures are from this time frame. Some are of palaces and buildings that we visited that were constructed and renovated at various times but remained in use during the fifteenth century. Some are also replicas of famous statues. I don't have pictures of the actual ones because you are not allowed to photograph in the museums. Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures. I hope to visit Italy after I graduate! After taking this world history class, my visit will be so much more informative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree -

    I am working on a Visa so I can go live in London for a couple of years. My role is to run professional services out there for my company and heavy sales support on the continent. I will essentially be spending half my time traveling the EU!! This class is just the beginning of a huge culture and history lesson for me. I find that just being in Europe in your daily activities teaches you history... it is so old, you are surrounded by it; when you go to the bank or the store or just on the street waiting for a taxi. Any way - This too has been one of my favorite chapters, and the pictures you choose to share are very cool! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gia,

    Great pictures and what a memory keeps sake to have actually made the trip and be able to share the pictures...

    Ann

    ReplyDelete